Autumn is a time for self care so what better way to show your body some love than to cook a delicious hearty meal which will both cleanse and soothe. We have the perfect warming autumnal recipe: Warming Autumnal Herb Soup, made with our very own NEW YOGI TEA® Natural Balance blend. This innovative tea adds an extra depth of shiitake mushroom flavour which is complemented by all the other wonderful savoury nourishing ingredients. It is healthy, vegan and a lovely way of thanking your body, and showing yourself some love!
Recipe: Warming autumnal herb soup
Preparation time: 55 minutes
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 200 g leek
- 200 g carrot
- 100 g fresh shiitake mushroom
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ bunch of parsley
- 80 g pearl barley
- 80 g dried split peas
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 YOGI TEA® Natural Balance tea bags
- 170 g savoy cabbage
- 100 g red cabbage
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Chop the leek into approx. 1-cm-thick rings, the carrot into discs and the shiitake mushrooms into strips.
- Add the olive oil to a hot pan and sweat the vegetables over a medium heat for three minutes.
- Finely chop the parsley stalks and set the leaves aside.
- Add the pearl barley, peas, parsley stalks and finely chopped garlic to the pan, pour in 1.6 litres of water and bring to the boil. Add the tea bags to the pot and leave to simmer over a medium heat for 20 minutes with the lid on.
- Chop the savoy cabbage into bite-sized pieces and the red cabbage into strips. Finely chop the parsley leaves.
- Turn the heat down low and remove the tea bags. Add the savoy cabbage, half of the parsley leaves, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and maple syrup to the soup and stir thoroughly. Leave to steep with the lid on for 10 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and garnish with the remaining parsley.
We hope you enjoy this comforting autumnal soup, click here to find more of our delicious recipes for you to try!